Call for entries! The deadline for submitting is September 26
We are now accepting submissions from local artists of all ages for the Season’s Greetings Card Contest. One work will be selected for the 2022 Center for the Arts greeting card and purchased for our permanent collection. All entries will be included in the exhibition that runs November 3 – December 15.
- Design your artwork. Free and open to all ages. All media welcome.
- Submit your work by submitting the application & a photo of your artwork.
- All entries will be exhibited at the center during the holidays.
Important Criteria and Instructions
Design your artwork. All mediums are accepted, but the winning artwork will be based on its merit as a two-dimensional card design. (Three-dimensional media, if chosen, will be photographed for the card’s image.)
- Only one work may be submitted by each artist. Artists must live within Carroll County. There is no cost to participate.
- Work must have been created within the last 2 years and not previously shown by the center.
- All artwork must be original works (not created from images, logos or photographs not owned by the artist) and cannot be giclee copies of original work (such as paintings, drawings, etc.).
- Artwork must be able to be viewed by all ages.
- Words and text are not allowed in the artwork/image.
Submit your work. Submit your application or email pdf application with photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Images must be sent as jpegs and must portray the entered artwork accurately and clearly. Digitally created artworks must be printed for the exhibit. This excludes digital photographs and illustrations, which will be used in their original format. For these, a print-quality version of the work (at least 300 dpi) will need to be emailed if chosen for the card design.
Selection process. The winning artwork will be purchased (for up to $100) by the Carrollton Center for the Arts for its permanent collection. The artwork will also be turned into a greeting card and shared by the center during the holidays. All artwork must be $100 or less in value.
- The winning artwork will be professionally photographed or scanned. This work will need to be turned into the center after the selection notification to provide time to photograph the work and print the cards.
- This excludes digital photographs and illustrations, which will be used in their original format. For these artworks, a print-quality version of the work (at least 300 dpi) will need to be emailed if chosen for the card design.
Exhibition. All artwork submitted will be exhibited at the center in November through December. Physical artwork must be delivered to the center by October 28 to be a part of the exhibit. The artwork may be for sale to the public with the exception of the winning artwork.
- For the exhibition, unframed paper works by children will be hung by clips. All other artwork should be framed or gallery wrapped and wired for hanging with any special display instructions clearly noted at the time of entry. Hangers or wires must be large enough to hold 1/2 inch hooks, which are used by the center’s installation system.
- ALL submissions DUE by September 26
- Artwork Delivery Date: October 28, 11am — 4 pm (The winning work will have an earlier delivery date, so that cards may be printed in time for the show.)
- Exhibition Dates: November 3 – December 15
- Exhibition Reception: November 3, 5pm — 7pm.
- Pick-up Artwork: December 16, 11am — 4pm