The Carrollton Center for the Arts invites visual artists from the southeastern region of the United States to submit exhibition proposals for consideration for the upcoming gallery season. Solo exhibits, two-man shows, collaborations, installation proposals and group exhibitions are welcome to apply. For more information, please contact the Visual Arts Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or see the forms below.
Other visual arts exhibitions and event opportunities may be posted during the year, so please check back for additional chances to participate.
Art Takeover Public Sculpture
We are accepting proposals from local and regional professional artists for a one-year public sculpture installation at Neva Lomason Memorial Library near downtown Carrollton, Georgia. The city considers the inclusion of public artworks to be an important addition to the area, enriching the downtown experience for both visitors touring the area and residents.
Details and Requirements
The selected sculpture will be installed on a 6′ x 6′ exterior concrete pad at the library for a one-year display. The selected artist will receive a $3,000 stipend to cover the lease and transportation of the sculpture and labor, equipment and any other costs of installing and removing the artwork.
Sculptures should have a library, reading or books theme or be interesting to children and families. Originality and visual impact will be considered.
Artworks must be durable enough to last one year in an exterior, all-weather environment and not require surveillance or maintenance of any kind. All work must be safe with no sharp edges, loose or easily breakable pieces, easily scalable parts or other hazards that could endanger the public.
Work must be ready for installation and be able to be secured to the concrete pad with 3/8″ to 1/2″ anchor bolts or able to sit safely on the ground with no possibility of tipping. The artist must provide the tools and equipment needed to complete installation and removal of the piece.
- Deadline for proposals – January 8, 2024
- Selection announced – February 3, 2024
- Planning and consultation – February/Early March
- Installation date – To be scheduled with the artist. This should be completed before Art Takeover on March 28, 2024
- Unveiling ceremony – March 28, 2023, Time: TBD
Complete the application at link below.
Artists must be at least 21 years old and have previous experience with public art pieces. Only pre-existing pieces will be reviewed. City and library staff and an advisory committee will evaluate and select the artwork to be installed.
- A written description of the proposed artwork must include: title, medium, dimensions, weight, installation method and anchoring procedure, theme/concept behind the work and value of work.
- Selected sculpture should not be altered from the original submission description/design without approval of the selection committee. This includes changes in form, color or installation method.
- Describe the process, including how many people other than the artist will be needed, for installing and removing the work. The city may have staff onsite that can help depending on the requirements and scheduling, but the artist is responsible for making sure he or she has enough help to properly install and remove the work.
- Include photographs showing the proposed artwork from multiple angles.
- Provide a CV and short artist biography and/or statement.
- Include at least three images of past installed artworks demonstrating the artist’s ability to execute the current project. This can include a previous installation of the submitted artwork.
- Submit a schedule showing the estimated timeline needed to complete the project including the time needed to transport and install the work.
The deadline for submitting is January 8, 2024
For questions, contact Visual Arts Coordinator Marcella Kuykendall at email@example.com.
Season’s Greetings Card Contest & Exhibition
We are accepting submissions for the 2023 Season’s Greetings Card Contest and Exhibition. This contest is free to enter and open to all ages. All mediums are accepted. Only one entry per artist may be submitted.
2023 Submissions are due by September 29.
- Artwork Delivery: October 27 from 11am to 4pm (The winning work will have an earlier delivery date, so cards may be printed in time for the show.)
- Exhibition Dates: November 2 – December 14
- Exhibition Reception: November 2, 5 pm – 7 pm.
- Artwork Pick Up: December 15 from 11am to 4 pm